Sunday, September 6, 2026

It's back to weekend birding again unfortunately now as I'm back to work so I had a couple of early sessions yesterday and this morning. A brief look at the sea Saturday morning produced 2 Common Scoter, 3 Whimbrel, 4 Bar tailed Godwit west, 32 Black headed Gull, 50 Herring Gull, 4 Great Black backed Gull, 35 Sandwich Tern, 8 Cormorant, 1 Little Egret, 1 Kestrel and 1 Peregrine. I was out early this morning at 05:35 where I spent some time listening into the darkness for anything calling. I did hear 2 Grey Partridge, 1 Grey Heron and 2 Golden Plover but no Owls seen or heard. I then moved on to the sea for a look before taking a walk along the seawall and back. Birds noted included 4 Shelduck, 4 Common Scoter, 10 Oystercatcher, 1 Ringed Plover, 1 Common Sandpiper, 1 Redshank, 9 Turnstone, 1 Knot on the beach, a good bird to get here. There were 2 Arctic Skua including 1 pale phase bird east, 44 Black headed Gull, 4 Mediterranean Gull, 120 Herring Gull, 2 Great Black backed Gull, 2 Common Tern, 76 'Commic' Tern east, 83 Sandwich Tern east, 1 Great crested Grebe, 7 Cormorant, 2 Little Egret, 1 Common Buzzard and 1 Marsh Harrier circling over the sea together, 1 Great spotted Woodpecker, 1 Green Woodpecker, 1 Hobby in off the sea, 2 Peregrine, 2 Willow Warbler, 1 Chiffchaff, 4 Blackcap, 1 Lesser Whitethroat, 2 Whitethroat, 24 Starling, 5 Dunnock, 32 House Sparrow, 1 Grey Wagtail, 1 Yellow Wagtail, 2 Meadow Pipit and 4 Goldfinch. I also saw a few Migrant Hawker, 1 Common Darter and 3 Clouded Yellow butterfly. 





Knot - juvenile

No comments:

Post a Comment